You will love So Well’s Fair Trade Himalayan salt platter tiles from the first time you use them. They make fantastic serving platters, cutting boards, even unique plates. Many of the finest restaurants in the world use Himalayan salt blocks in preparing and serving their gourmet meals.
Also, these blocks can be refrigerated and frozen to serve carpaccio, sashimi, fruits vegetables, and even desserts. In addition, they can be heated in the oven up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, so you can sear thin meats and fish, or serve eggs table side. Our Himalayan salt blocks impart a subtle flavor while cooking food evenly, and delivering 84 different healthy minerals to your food.
**Clean with a damp cloth. Do not soak or leave in water. Natural cracks in our pure salt crystal are common.
Fair Trade | Artisan Crafted | One-of-a-Kind
Himalayan salt slabs are great for turning a basic appetizer into an unforgettable experience. After all, why use a plain ol’ serving tray when you can serve things on a dramatic-looking salt platter?
However, Himalayan salt slabs are good for more than just displaying your tasty treats. In fact, cooking on Himalayan salt is fun, and it makes your finished product taste even better!
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START COOKING?
1. YOU’LL WIND UP IMPARTING A SALTY SEASONING Cooking on Himalayan salt is a great way to inject more flavor into your foods because some of the salt will naturally rub off onto whatever you’re cooking. Just be careful, though. You don’t want to get TOO much salt onto your food! If you’ve got foods that are moist — like steaks and vegetables — cut them thinly before you place them on a Himalayan salt slab. That way, they can cook quickly, before they have a chance to suck up too much salt.
2. TAP INTO THE POWER OF OIL If you’ve got food that simply can’t be sliced and you still want to cook it on Himalayan salt, oil will be your new best friend! By pouring a thin layer onto your Himalayan salt slab first, you’ll create a buffer between the food and the salt. (As an added benefit, the oil will make your Himalayan salt platters easier to clean later!)
3. IT’S PERFECT FOR SEAFOOD If you want to really enjoy shrimp, scallops, and other small pieces of seafood, cook them on Himalayan salt. The salt will get into your seafood during the cooking process, giving you a meal that tastes fresh from the sea!
4. YOU DON’T JUST HAVE TO DO HOT COOKING Sure, a good Himalayan salt slab will be able to withstand sitting on top of your grill or gas range (if you’re using an electric grill, place a wok ring — or something similarly-shaped — underneath the salt so that it doesn’t sit directly on the burner). However, these slabs are just as effective in your freezer. They’ll give you a quick, easy way to freeze homemade ice cream, and the presentation you’ll get to make when you’re ready for dessert will be far more dramatic than anything else you could come up with!
Don’t want to expend that much energy? Instead, place raw vegetables, sushi, or other appetizers onto a Himalayan salt slab that’s been chilled in the fridge. Since these slabs can retain a chill for several hours, they’re perfect for serving up things that need to be cold to be good!
5. THEY NEED TO BE HEATED SLOWLY THE FIRST TIME YOU USE THEM Whether you’re on the grill or the stove, Himalayan salt platters need to be heated gradually so that they don’t crack. Yes, this means cooking on Himalayan salt takes a little longer at first, but the yummy finished product is well worth it!
What is the big deal about Fair Trade? We actually get this question a lot! If you look up the definition of Fair Trade, you will find results similar to a social movement whose stated goal is to help producers in developing countries achieve better trading conditions and to promote sustainability. But to us Fair Trade is that and so much more!
Our long time relationship with our family of artisans in Pakistan operate under strict standards including no child labor, employee rights, full time benefits and fair wages. We do not supply big box stores and only work with customers who value high quality, uniqueness and Fair Trade. Our collections of Salt Lights are rare and the colors are beautiful, deep and rich in minerals. The finished lights are symmetrical, unlike many other vendors, and finished with high quality screws and dark hardwood bases.
Fair Trade ensures that producers receive fair market prices, are free from labor abuses and use sustainable growing and production methods. In a world where corporate profits rule these crafters and farmers are often exploited, creating a cycle of poverty and environmental degradation. Fair Trade can break that cycle, creating better lives, stronger communities and a healthier environment. We are dedicated to Fair Trade, and use suppliers dedicated to Fair Trade and sustainability. We partner with our artisans’ communities, promoting social justice, small businesses and local non-profit organizations.
Sustainable: Our ingredients are harvested sustainably and we use 100% reusable, recyclable and eco-friendly packaging.
Global: We work with global producers to harvest the freshest ingredients following Fair Trade and sustainability practices for all of our salt rock crystal lights and products.
So Well is a proud member of Chicago Fair Trade: Chicagofairtrade.org
Whether you are seeking to become a So Well ambassador, a guest health / wellness blogger, are a professional digital marketer, or want to resell fair trade products, there is vast potential to tap the growing demand of wellness lifestyle products provided by So Well.