Himalayan Salt Bowl for Serving & Prepping-Hot or Cold
Our Fair Trade pure Himalayan salt bowl is hand-carved by skilled workers at the base of the Himalayan Mountains. Formed with lovely natural colors, our salt bowls are ideal for making sauces, chocolates, ice creams, salads, dressings, cooking in and many more.
Easy to use, fun and delicious!
Directions: Use as is, heat or keep in freezer.
Directions for Heating Bowl: Before the first use, be sure to heat our Himalayan Salt Bowl over low flame for roughly 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Heat the bowl again for 10 minutes then proceed to making your recipe. If you are using an electric range, place on a diffuser so the bowl isn’t touching the heating element (at least ½ inch above the stove).
Directions for Cold Bowl: Place bowl in freezer for 2-4 hours. Serve ice cream, fruit, cold deserts +
Wipe with damp cloth to clean and store dry. Our Himalayan salt bowl will last indefinitely.
Fair Trade | Artisan Crafted | One-of-a-Kind
Before the first use, for gas ranges and electric, preheat the bowl over low flame for 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Turn the heat back on low and heat for 10 minutes, then proceed making your recipe. If using an electric range, place a diffuser on the stove so the bowl is at least 1/2 inch above and sits outside (not touching) the heating element.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH A HIMALAYAN SALT GOURMET BOWL? If you’re looking for something that’s beautiful AND durable, look no further than a Himalayan salt gourmet bowl. After all, the salt used to make these bowls is more than 250 million years old, so you can count on yours to stick around for awhile! As an added benefit, So Gourmet bowls are fair trade, so you can feel good about buying one.
Thanks to its pretty pink color, a Himalayan salt gourmet bowl will look great just sitting on a shelf all by itself. However, these bowls aren’t just another “pretty face”! If you want to make the most out of yours, use it to:
1. COOKING Since Himalayan salt can withstand very high temperatures — and even a trip inside your oven — use your bowl to make fondue. Whether you opt for chocolate, cheese, or some other yummy fondue recipe, your Himalayan salt bowl will be the perfect baking dish AND serving dish!
But don’t stop there…Himalayan salt can also withstand being frozen, so use your bowl to stir up a batch of frozen custard. It can go from the freezer to the table for a dramatic dessert presentation!
2. SERVE APPETIZERS Because these bowls impart a light salt flavor into whatever’s in them, they’re perfect for adding a little extra kick to appetizers like guacamole, salsa, and hummus.
3. ACT AS A FRUIT BOWL Himalayan salt retains both hot and cold temperatures evenly — and for long periods of time — so you’ll be able to count on your gourmet bowl to keep fruits cold and crisp throughout your entire dinner party.
4. SERVE CONDIMENTS Want a totally unique butter dish? Just stick a Himalayan salt gourmet bowl on the table! You can also use one of these bowls to serve up sour cream, ketchup, mustard, and any other condiment you plan on using.
5. REPLACE YOUR GRAVY BOAT Gravy boats are designed to be easily pour-able, but they don’t do anything to keep the gravy warm! So, stick your gravy and other sauces in a Himalayan salt bowl instead. If you heat the bowl up in the oven first, it will be able to keep your gravy warm for hours, right on the table. That’s a whole lot more convenient than running back to the stove for more!
6. HOLD CANDLES Himalayan salt gourmet bowls aren’t ALL about food! If you want to use yours away from the kitchen, stick a candle in it. The flame will accentuate the bowl’s unique color, and you’ll wind up with a soothing, relaxing glow.
7. HEAT UP MASSAGE BALLS After a trip to the oven, your Himalayan salt bowl will be the perfect storage spot for your massage balls. That way, the massage you’ve been looking forward to will be even better!
What is the big deal about Fair Trade? We actually get this question a lot! If you look up the definition of Fair Trade, you will find results similar to a social movement whose stated goal is to help producers in developing countries achieve better trading conditions and to promote sustainability. But to us Fair Trade is that and so much more!
Our long time relationship with our family of artisans in Pakistan operate under strict standards including no child labor, employee rights, full time benefits and fair wages. We do not supply big box stores and only work with customers who value high quality, uniqueness and Fair Trade. Our collections of Salt Lights are rare and the colors are beautiful, deep and rich in minerals. The finished lights are symmetrical, unlike many other vendors, and finished with high quality screws and dark hardwood bases.
Fair Trade ensures that producers receive fair market prices, are free from labor abuses and use sustainable growing and production methods. In a world where corporate profits rule these crafters and farmers are often exploited, creating a cycle of poverty and environmental degradation. Fair Trade can break that cycle, creating better lives, stronger communities and a healthier environment. We are dedicated to Fair Trade, and use suppliers dedicated to Fair Trade and sustainability. We partner with our artisans’ communities, promoting social justice, small businesses and local non-profit organizations.
Sustainable: Our ingredients are harvested sustainably and we use 100% reusable, recyclable and eco-friendly packaging.
Global: We work with global producers to harvest the freshest ingredients following Fair Trade and sustainability practices for all of our salt rock crystal lights and products.
So Well is a proud member of Chicago Fair Trade: Chicagofairtrade.org
Whether you are seeking to become a So Well ambassador, a guest health / wellness blogger, are a professional digital marketer, or want to resell fair trade products, there is vast potential to tap the growing demand of wellness lifestyle products provided by So Well.