Health Benefits of Raw Organic Chocolate
The health benefits of chocolate were discovered by the Aztecs, a Mexican empire that flourished in the 14th, 15th, and 16th centuries. Organic Raw Chocolate is a healthy superfood that is chock-full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Raw chocolate means that the cacao has not been heated or processed allowing it to preserve all of its rich nutrients. Organic chocolate means that there have been no chemicals, fillers, and preservatives used in the production of the chocolate.
Processed chocolate that includes dairy, sugar, and chemicals, results in blocking the antioxidant and health benefits. Processed chocolate also contains fat, wax, fillers, and preservatives. When pesticides, antibiotics and growth hormones from the processed chocolate ingredients are added to its production, processed chocolate becomes a food with no health benefits.
Over 300 Healthy Properties
More than 300 minerals and properties have been identified in raw organic chocolate. Cacao contains copper, manganese, zinc, sulphur, and is rich in B-vitamins that includes niacin. Because there is no sugar, raw organic chocolate is a great treat for children.
“Cornell University discovered that Cocoa has twice the antioxidants of red wine, and up to three times those found in green tea.”
Health benefits of raw organic chocolate include:
- Lower blood pressure.
- Increases energy, alertness, creativity, and improves mood.
- Containing very little caffeine, raw organic chocolate is a major source of magnesium which helps your heart.
- Rich in Flavonoids which has a cancer-fighting antioxidant result.
- Promotes healthy blood flow thereby reducing the risk of strokes, blood clots, and heart attacks.
- Rich in Antioxidants thereby decreasing damaging free radicals.
- Increased Longevity: Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health found that those who eat chocolate up to three times each month live almost a year longer than those who overindulge or eat junk food.
- Cocoa is reported to help brain function. The magnesium is essential for maintaining brain function. Raw chocolate is also composed of brain functioning elements such as tryptophan and anandamide.
- Recently, the Theobromine in cocoa has been noted as calming the coughing reflex thereby helping to stop coughing.
- Can reduce cholesterol by 5-10 percent.
- Decreases menopause and PMS symptoms.
- Helps control appetite and supports weight loss.
Eating chocolate is a pleasure that almost everyone loves. The availability of raw organic chocolate and fair trade chocolate is steadily increasing. Due to popular demand, supermarket chains, specialty stores, health food stores, and online health companies are now providing raw organic chocolate. Consumers now have the ability to enjoy the health benefits of this delicious treat.